Don't be a couch potato at home, so come out and play!
Wii Nintendo is not just for kids! Playing games with your partner can bring out the competitiveness and hopefully teamwork spirit between the two of you, especially when playing against other couples. After investing some money into the gaming system itself (AKA capital), then it's a FREE date idea after that. Invite friends over for a group date night.
Or better yet, head out to Barney's Beanery for some fun on a weeknight. There are 4 bar locations from which to choose across Los Angeles: West Hollywood (WeHo), Burbank, Santa Monica (SM) and Pasadena. These make for good late date night since the start time is usually 8, 9, or 10 PM (check their Google Calendar online for updates at each specific location). One of these weekly themed activities should tickle your fancy:
- Bingo Night - Something easy to do on Mondays in WeHo
- Comedy Night - Laughing is always good for the soul on Mondays in Pasadena.
- Wii Sports Night - Feel like you are IN the game with their 10-foot wide big screen on Tuesdays in SM (Wii Sports game include bowling, tennis, golf, baseball and boxing)
- Karaoke Night - Perfect for serenading your partner on mostly Wednesdays everywhere, sometimes Sundays and Tuesdays
- Trivia Night - Show off your useless knowledge on Wednesdays in Burbank and Thursdays in Pasadena
- Guitar Hero Night - Make it a group date night on Thursdays in SM
If weeknights are "school nights" for you, Happy Hour either on weekdays at all locations OR Weekend Happy Hour at the original WeHo Barney's (yes, every Saturday and Sunday!) may work for you, always 4-7 PM. Keep yourself entertained with air hockey tables, pool tables, foosball tables, arcade games, shuffleboard- what else can you ask for? By the way, I've never seen an extensive menu like the one at Barney's Beanery. Seriously, there is something for everybody's palette, plus breakfast is served 24/7!
Approximate cost of creative date idea = Free Admission + Food & Drinks
Actual value of the cheap date idea = Priceless