To celebrate this special moment of vernal equinox, join in the Persian Festival of Nrouz on Sunday, March 7th, at The Bowers Musuem in Santa Ana. Museum hours are 10 AM - 4 PM daily except for Mondays and a few holidays. For this particular festival, the celebration will be held Noon - 3:30 PM. Spend your Sunday afternoon immersing in Persian culture, including traditional Persian dance, music, food, art, face painting, etc. General admission is normally $12 per person but it's completely free tomorrow. The event is family friendly and a casual day date idea for a group.
If you can't make it this Sunday, come back on the first Sunday of every month in 2010 for FREE admission courtesy of Target. The festival theme changes every month. Here's a quick list for the rest of this year, but check the website for details about each event.
- April 11 Silk Road Festival
- May 2 Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival
- June 6 Pacific Islands Festival
- July 18 Americana Festival
- August 1 Native American Festival
- September 5 Indian Festival of Lights/Diwali
- October 3 Italian Festival
- November 7 Mexican Day Festival
- December 5 International Holidays Festival
Approximate cost of creative date idea = Free Admission.
Actual value of the cheap date idea = $24 Total.
Kiss & Tell Date Idea by @mamimaria